Monday 12 June in Llandrindod Wells
Please save the date for our second event in Wales. A programme is being put together on GDPR with our IRMS colleagues. Tickets will be available in due course.
Thursday 6 April in Glasgow
Tickets are available for a joint NADPO/IRMS conference on GDPR on 6 April in Glasgow. Full details and tickets are available from: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-gdpr-new-challenges-for-managing-personal-privacy-tickets-32727383485
Wednesday 29 March in Coventry
Ticket are available for the National Association of Data Protection and Freedom of Information Officer (NADPO) Spring Conference on 29 March in Coventry.
Speakers so far are:
Jenny Radcliffe, Social Engineering Expert (http://jennyradcliffe.com/about-jenny/)
Ralph O’Brien, Freelance Privacy Advisor (https://iapp.org/about/person/0011a00000DlQ9YAAV/)
Emily Overton, Records Manager and Director of IRMS (https://rmgirl.co.uk/)
Tickets are available at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/nadpo-spring-conference-tickets-32528386279.
Monday 21 November in London ***FULLY BOOKED***
PwC has kindly offered to host our Annual General Meeting and Winter conference.
The speakers are:
- Stewart Room, NADPO President and PwC Lead on CyberSec & DP: review of the year.
- Professor Luciano Floridi, Professor of Philosophy and Ethics of Information at the University of Oxford: on the need for a data ethics council
- Elizabeth Denham, Information Commissioner
- Gary Shipsey, Managing Director of Protecture: on consent and the GDPR
- Felicity McMahon, 5RB
- Ros Foster, Partner at Browne Jacobson
- Sophie Van Der Zee, Security Group of Cambridge University’s Computer Laboratory
Tickets are available at:
Friday 21 October in Birmingham
We are pleased that Birmingham City Council has offered us space for our Autumn event.
Confirmed speakers include Ibrahim Hasan (Act Now Training), Malkiat Thiarai (Birmingham City Council) and Rowenna Fielding (IG Expert in the voluntary sector).
Update 29 Sep: Jane Fae, feminist, journalist, and writer on IT and policing is going to be speaking to us.
Tickets are available at:
NADPO Summer Conference, Cardiff 24 June: SOLD OUT BUT WAITING LIST IS OPEN
NADPO is running its first conference in Cardiff on 24th This will be on DPA and GDPR.
We are really pleased to announce the full line up:
- Iain Bourne, ICO, Group Manager: GDPR
- Claire Miller, Data Journalist, on journalism vs privacy (http://www.walesonline.co.uk/authors/claire-miller/)
- Andrew Charlesworth, University of Bristol Law School, on the development of international DP regimes (http://www.bristol.ac.uk/law/research/researchprofiles/charlesworth.html)
- Mark Fraser, National Police Chiefs Council, on the new regs and law enforcement and the new s.29
- Jen Persson, on the National Pupil Database and fair processing, (http://jenpersson.com/aboutme/)
- Patrycja Duszynska, Chair of IRMS Wales and Information Management Officer for Ceredigion County Council, on influencing senior colleagues to move from DP to GDPR (http://www.irms.org.uk/groups/cymru-wales)
Details of how to book are at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/gdprdpa-conference-tickets-25447003673. If you don’t want to use this, you can still book by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org (but we are grateful if you use Eventbrite as we are volunteers and this saves us a lot of time).
Joint event with DP Forum, London: DATE CHANGED – no longer 7 June but now 22 June
We are working with the Data Protection Forum to bring you a conference in June in London on international data transfers. With the recent confusion over Safe Harbor, Privacy Shield, Binding Corporate Rules, apparently conflicting opinions from the Article 29 Working Party and the ICO, this should bring some clarity on how to proceed. The event will be at Denton’s in the City. You can book by emailing email@example.com.
4 Mar 2016 – NADPO Spring Conference, Coventry
NADPO kicks off its 2016 season of conferences with a whole day on the recently announced General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Zoe Gannon, 11KBW: The GDPR and the big internet companies
- Chris Pounder, Amberhawk: What you need to do to prepare right now
- Lynn Wyeth, Leicester City Council: Local Government, Social Care and the GDPR
- Jenny Moseley, Opt4: On marketing, consent, the GDPR
- Tim Turner, 2040 Training: Profiling, data sharing and the GDPR
As usual, there will be plenty of time for networking, questions and an excellent lunch. Please book your tickets asap by clicking on https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/nadpo-spring-conference-tickets-21285408229?aff=es2
2 Nov 2015 – NADPO AGM and Annual Conference at the offices of Price Waterhouse Coopers, 7 More London Riverside, SE1 2RT.
- Stewart Room, President of NADPO and PwC Global Head of Cyber Security and DP – The NADPO Electric Review of the Year
- Steve Eckersley, ICO Head of Enforcement – The Blacklist https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/construction-blacklist/
- Maurice Frankel, Director, Campaign for Freedom of Information – Threats to FOI
- Paul Gibbons, Act Now Training – Social Media and Data Protection
- Luke Dormehl, technical author and journalist – The Perils and Positives of Facial Recognition Technology
- Keith Spiller, Open University – Experiences of making CCTV Subject Access Requests
- James Cornwell, Barrister 11KBW Chambers – DPA: Developments in Subject Access, Proportionality and Compensation
15 Sept 2015 – inaugural NADPO seminar in Scotland at BTO Solicitors, Edinburgh http://www.bto.co.uk/
- Aidan O’Neill QC – Scottish Government’s named person legislation http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/police-scotland-criticise-snp-named-person-plans-1-3818002
- Pol Clementsmith from the Open Doors Society talking about ID card proposal in Scotland. http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/mar/02/scottish-identity-database-plans-privacy-risk-ministers-warned Still under consideration.
1 Sept 2015 – seminar hosted by DP Forum at Dentons, 1 Fleet Place, London EC4M 7WS
- Lauren Sager-Weinstein, Tfl – Innovations in London’s transport: big data for a better customer experience
- Paul Byrne, BA – Subject Access Unveiled
- Information Commissioner’s Office – Big data and data protection
- Vivienne Artz, Citibank – Big Data and Financial Services – Opportunities and Challenges
- Katharine Skorupska, Optimal Payments – Big Data in the payments industry
- Dr. Larry Ponemon, Ponemon Institute – Big Data Analytics in Cyber Defense